Thursday 29 July 2010

Last day at work

I'm so glad it's my last day at work this week. I had a TERRIBLE nights sleep and could really do with a mini lie in tomorrow morning. I don't know what time it was, but there was a low flying helicopter outside for what seemed like forever. Totally disturbed my sleep pattern and I feel like turd today.

Yesterday I tried on my festival outfits (you know to check I look ok as there won't be any mirrors where I'm going) and I snapped one pic of my altered shorts and bandeau top. I'm quite pleased with them, you'd never know that the top started life with a straight across upper line and the shorts were about 4" longer. I ♥ making & modifying clothes!

I'm taking these shorts, this top, the tights, a black bandeau top (which has been altered the same way) and a pretty floral dress. I'll also pack some pj bottoms to sleep in, a shirt incase it's really sunny and a cardi in case its cold in the evenings.

Mr H picked up our passes last night at band practice, it's quite exciting! We've got to be at the site for 1pm which is earlier than we had thought because he's got press interviews to do. Means we'll be setting off from home about 10.30am tomorrow. My plan is to get up relatively early (but not as early as usual - thus getting a mini lie in) and run our 10k route, shower & leave. Means I can relax a little on the food/booze front over the weekend.

I did run yesterday evening, 3 miles in around 29 minutes. When I got home I experimented with a choconut ice pop in my Zoku. I mixed a scoop of soy chocolate protein powder with some of this coconut milk and a teaspoon of dessicated coconut. I poured it into the moulds and waited. About 10 minutes later I had the most awesome protein pop! It was seriously tasty. Here it is being admired by Dolly and Edie.

On to today and food, breakfast consisted of a 200ml Protein Shake made up with Coconut Milk, followed by a mixture of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Mid morning I'm planning to have a banana. Lunch will probably be a jacket potato from the canteen as we have no food in the house!, mid afternoon will be a nakd bar and some of the delicious yellow watermelon. Finally dinner will be homemade turkey meatballs in a ratatouille sauce.

Exercise wise today, I'll be hitting the gym at lunchtime to do my full programme. I'm going to try and mix it up a little today as I don't feel like it's working me particularly hard at the moment.

1 comment: