Monday 5 July 2010

Focus

This weekend saw me well and truely fall back to Earth with a bump. The reality of how badly June went was not something I was prepared for. I knew I'd not eaten particularly well and that I'd not exercised as much as I would have liked, but even so I wasn't prepared for the dramatic changes in my body.

To summarise as I don't need to dwell too much on it, I've put on inches in most places on my body, my lean muscle mass has dropped and my body fat has increased. However, I have stayed the same weight, but frankly I'd rather be half a stone heavier and inches slimmer than what I've got now!

So, shocked and horrified at the amount of damage 1 month has done to my body, its time to get back onto daily food/exercise diaries to keep me accountable.

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake post run, Bowlful of Blueberries & Strawberries with 1tsp Sugar.

Lunch: 2 Egg Omelette with Mushrooms, Ham, Spinach and 1 slice Gouda.

Mid Afternoon: Banana

Dinner: Tuna Steak & Poached Egg Salad (spinach, rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, peas)

Exercise for today was a 3km run this morning, I've got my first physio appointment at 12:30pm and I hope to get some free weights/squats in this evening... along with some hula hooping!

I'm going to make a really conscious effort to drink 2 litres of water, probably to ensure I'm doing this I'll get a bottle when I'm out at Physio later.

I don't think there is anything that will really get in my way this week. I'm running the Beale Park 10k on Wednesday evening. This morning was the first time I've been out running in about 2-3 weeks. It's going to suck on Wednesday, but my aim is to just get round and to try and enjoy the scenery (it's in a wildlife park). Saturday we're off to Finkley Down Farm and Bourne Farm PYO (Pick Your Own) with some friends. We;re going to take a picnic, so I can watch what I eat and the only thing bad will be key lime pie which I'm planning on making in old GU Souffle ramekins - so it shouldn't be too bad on the ol' waistline. Looking forward to picking lots of fruits & veggies too :)

Oh, I suppose I should just mention my Sunday. I had such a lovely day, I went over to my Dads house (the house I grew up in) and I spent the whole day helping him out in the garden. First of all we dug up a flower bed and rebuilt the brick wall around it. I was squealy for most of the time as all the bricks had beasties lurking beneath them and I'm an uncontrollable screamer when it comes to things with more than 4 legs. Then we dug up another flower bed and planted hydrangea. We took a break for lunch which was a lovely salad with some leftover BBQ'd steak. I then mooched in the garden for a while trying out our new camera, got a fab photo of bee collecting pollen on the flower head of Wild Garlic (sooo pretty!). I also took some photos of the new family cat 'Thomas' who may not actually be a boy. He's a stray that started visiting our house just before Christmas. When our last cat died he became a more permanent resident and since my Dad cut out all the clumps of matted fur on him, he's decided he likes us enough to stay 95% of the time. He was sitting out in a flower bed covered from the sun and I'm not sure if I'd ever seen such a content cat. Anyhoo, after that I set about cleaning the swimming pool. Its such a therapeutic job, you have to move the vacuum really slowly and it's quite satisfying to watch all the crap come off the bottom revealing a shiny blue surface. The temperature is about 72F at the moment, so it's becoming bearable. I did take my cossie with me, but chickened out getting in when the sun disappeared behind clouds. Fingers crossed that the weather this week makes it another few degrees warmer and I'll get to go in next weekend. Once it hits a nice temperature I might suggest to Mr H that we stop by on our way home from work each night for a dip! If he doesn't fancy it, I might just drive over myself for an evening swim.

I think I might spend a bit more time at my Dads house helping out in the garden, we don't really have much of a garden (its 100% low maintenance). I really had a fab day.

Oh and in other completely unrelated news, my new sewing machine just arrived!! :D

1 comment:

  1. hey hun, sunday sounds fab! i bet you really enjoyed that! looking forward to seeing/hearing about your creations with the sewing machine! hows the Kitchen aid coming along? dont bum yourself out too much about the changes in your body this month - you've not had an easy month! onwards and upwards! its not too much damage to rectify and you beign the hardcore healthy eating and exercising queen we all know you can be, you will shift the balance in no time at all!! xx

    ReplyDelete