Wednesday 14 July 2010

Is it really only Wednesday?

This week is already feeling too long. I'm not sure whether it's because the weather is effecting my sleep, or perhaps the half day I took on Monday, or possibly even our late night food shop last night, but it really feels like it should be Thursday at least!

Yesterday was a good day, I ate well (only additions to yesterdays food diary was 1.5 boiled eggs with dinner, a few spoonfuls of the last Key Lime Pie and a post-shopping Chilli Hot Chocolate with Skimmed Milk - as I didn't want to pour the milk away when there was no longer any space in the fridge for it).

Before we did our food shop, we defrosted our freezer. I'm still a little ashamed at what our freezer is filled with...

1st Drawer - Bags of Ice
2nd Drawer - Ice cream, Frozen Fruit & Hot Cross Bun Loaf
3rd Drawer - Freezer Packs, M&S Bacon & Cheese Rolls & homemade fruit/oat muffins
4th Drawer - Some ancient frozen veg, quorn products and a lonely piece of cod.

I'm not sure that storing some 5 packs of bacon & cheese rolls and about 6 loaves of hot cross bun is particularly space effective! But I guess seeing as we don't buy much frozen food, nor does anything really ever last long enough to justify freezing it, it doesn't matter a huge amount.

Our fridge on the other hand is busting full of food now. We did a whopping £90 shop last night. It feels like forever since we did our last food shop, so its nice to have everything stocked back up. We've got lots of yummy things planned for our weeks eats, salads, ratatouille, homemade burgers, etc etc. I bought two things I've not had in a while; mackerel and butter beans. Not to have together, but am looking forward to fitting them into some meals.


I experienced something a little gross last night too, you remember that toenail that went black? Well it finally came off last night. The human body is an amazing piece of equipment, just like the way sharks have teeth lined up to replace lost ones, I had a newly formed nail underneath ready to take on the world. It looks a bit crap but nothing a bit of polish won't sort out I'm sure. I think the fact it came off whilst I was trying to put my trainer on for dog walking will gross me out for a while though.

On that lovely thought... on to food :S

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, Strawberries & Raspberries

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, Vegetable Crudities (Red Pepper, Cucumber, Carrot, Celery) with Fiery Chilli Houmous and some Ham.

Mid Afternoon: Bear Cocoa Cherry Pie Granola Nibbles

Dinner: Steak with Grilled Vegetables (peppers, mushrooms, courgettes)

Hitting the gym again today at lunchtime :)

On a side note, this morning we saw a heron watching over the pond at the end of our road. He was magnificent. I tried to get a photo, but another car drove passed and spooked him and I managed to snap the dashboard of the car - nice.

I guess it's also a good idea to mention that I have a little bit of a goal to keep me focussed at the moment, in just over 3 weeks time I have a hen do to go to and also a 30th Birthday party, all in the same weekend as Mr H's birthday. I want to getting towards where I was earlier in the year by then, so lots of hardwork required between now and then to make sure that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment