Tuesday 20 July 2010

Unexpected Reasons to Smile

1) Yesterdays Physio appointment was great. Other than wearing a really inappropriate top which meant I had my entire appointment in my jeans and bra it was a really good session. I've been given some more exercises that will work different areas and I've also been given a stronger rubber band to increase the resistence. But the best news by far was that they are now happy for me to start using upper body weights again. Nothing too extreme, but bicep curls and chest presses should be fine. I'll also be starting back up with some tricep exercises.

2) On my way home from Physio, I stopped off at Waitrose to pick up a few bits. As I walked out I was cornered by two ladies with clipboards. Street surveys are one of my pet hates so I tried to avoid them by going the other side of a pillar but they still got me. I tried again to wriggle out of their questioning by saying I had frozen goods in my bag and I had to get back to work (which incidently I did!). But then they flattered me by asking how old I was and that I probably wasn't going to be old enough anyway. I informed them that I was 27 (as I took off my sunglasses to give them my best unimpressed glare) and they said I was just old enough to fit their required sample... but I didn't look at all 27 *blushes*. They quickly managed to get in that they'd be paying £40 next Tuesday evening for a focus group and I was sold. I ♥ focus groups. Give me a glass of wine and the promise of money/vouchers and I'll talk about whatever you want!

3) My 'Pugs not Drugs' shirt arrived. I'm a little unsure how the heck to wear a cropped t-shirt, I'm not sure it's really 'me' you know. Think I'm going to need to do some google research to find out what I should be wearing it with. I think in any case I'm going to butcher it a little to make it a bit tighter, sleeveless and I might alter the back to make it more interesting. It's a possible festival shirt thats for sure.

4) On a whim I decided to try on my wedding dress yesterday evening. I should have been getting ready to go on my run, but it was so muggy outside I got distracted by doing anything other than going out for a run! I'm not really sure why I was suprised that it fitted, but I was. For those of you that know I wore a corset with my wedding dress, it now fits without the corset on. The only bit that didn't fit was around the bust, but I'm sure a better push up bra would help to fill the gap that my former boobs filled. So I spent about 5 minutes swishing around our bedroom before putting it back in its bag and back in the wardrobe.

I now just have to hope that today is just as good :)

Food for today is as follows...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Berocca

Mid Morning: Pecan Pie Nakd Bar & 2 plums (which both got attacked by my fork in my bag on my way into work this morning)

Lunch: Ham and Egg Salad with a bit of L/F Salad Creme, 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake

Mid Afternoon: Grapes

Dinner: Mackerel Salad

I'm hitting the gym at lunchtime for my full programme with some additional arm weights - yay!

2 comments:

  1. aww all good reasons to smile! and wow for the wedding dress thats fab! so many brides go the other way an dont get into thier dress afterwards so huge well done!!

    and dont ya just hate it when your cuttlery attacks your fruit on the way to work! my peaches and pears always end up filing GBH suits against my cuttlery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, someone should invent a fork case, you know like those boxes you can get to put around the top of your toothbrush. Perhaps that is my calling in life ;)

    ReplyDelete