Tuesday 27 July 2010

Struggling to keep my head above the water

Remember yesterday when I posted about the shit and the fan? Well that has well and truely continued into today! It's now 12.23pm and I'm in no position to have time to hit the gym as too much stuff has hit my desk. I really hate being busy at work! I blame all these slackers and their summer holidays, means people are being productive before they go and getting all the things they've been sitting on for months out the door and back to me. Boo!

Still, at least I only have 2 more full days left at work. Tomorrow I'm working from home because so many people from my team are away and if I came in I'd be the only person on our bank of desks. I hate being on my own at work, so my boss said I could work from home. Means I get to have a mid week pug day! One of my favourite sort of days.

I didn't get a pic of my Emergency Cheesecake as I ate it took quickly and it wasn't that visually appealing. However, I did snap dinner last night which we ate in our garden as it was so humid. Dolly was on hand in case my hand slipped to help me clear up dinner. Once again this combo was awesome. Where has Gnocchi been all my life? Mr H is still unsure on the texture, but I think this sauce combo would work well with pasta too.

Tonight I've got my focus group at Waitrose, I'm quite looking forward to it. I just hope that due to them skewing my survey answers I don't mess up their whole piece of research. I'm going to wear something I can run in so I can run home once its done, to make up for not going to the gym. It's only a few miles away, but I guess its better than doing nothing at all.

Food for today is pretty standard, porridge for breakfast, wholemeal pitta for lunch, bits of fruit here and there and dinner will probably be freebies at the focus group (though I hope I've got time to have a mini wholemeal pitta before I get there).

I started thinking about my festival attire last night. I had a delivery through from ASOS with some new sunnies, a scoop back top, a bandeau top and some horrendous leggings (seriously, what was I thinking!!). Needless to say the leggings went back in the post today and I'm going to try and forget what an error I made. I'll leave fashion to people who know what they are doing and stick to what I know thanks!

I sat down with a pair of too-big denim shorts and butchered them to make them into hot pants, I cut off a pair of tights to re-create the look I was hoping to acheive with the leggings (so they come down to my knees to wear underneath the shorts) and I pinched in the top of the bandeau top so it has more of a sweetheart neckline. I won't need that many items of clothing, my thoughts are as follows:

* Shorts
* Legging-esque tights (and a pair of longer ones if the weather sucks)
* Bandeau Top
* Bikini Top
* Pugs not drugs tee(which still needs altering)
* My cons, still not sure whether to wear my worn down wedding ones (if it rains they have holes in the bottom, or my newer not quite worn in ones - blisters ahoy?)
* A band tee & a vest top

On top of this I'll clearly need underwear, something to sleep in and something in case it rains (or does the bikini cover that?). Not sure really what to expect! I guess worst case scenario I can put some extra bits in my car as we're driving there - maybe sleep in it too?!

Anyone been camping or to a festival more recently than 8 years and can give me any advice? We'll have a slightly more luxurious festival experience than a regular punter, as we've got artist passes, but its still ultimately a tent in the middle of field!

1 comment:

  1. Yep - Glastonbury last yr! Peed it down the night we got there, then 30c for the rest of it with thundery showers = overheated Laura having to walk round in wellies. Not fun!!

    I would definatley take a bag which can go across your front and rest on your hip (as you'll get annoyed with a sholder bag - or better still just have deep zipped pockets. A mac in a pac / waterproof is very handy - even to sit on if it is sunny.

    Comfortable shoes is a must! So would leave the blister causers at home.

    Head band to hide greasy hair (although if yu are only there a day or so that shouldn't be an issue!)

    Woop woo have fun chick!

    ReplyDelete