Friday 23 July 2010

Nearly hometime

I've got just over an hour til it's hometime. Thank goodness!

Just a quick recap from yesterday, I ate fairly well during the day but did have an impulse buy of a Nutella Shakeaway and I ate 8 chocolates in the evening through boredom. Good news is that I only have 1 box of chocolates left from Christmas and they are still in their shrink wrap, so they are safe for now.

I had my doctors appointment in the morning and they were mystified as to what had caused my face to swell. I've been given some antibiotics that are the size of horse pills to take to see if that breaks the cycle of this swelling. She wondered whether I have some sort of underlying infection that my body is working on but never quite suceeding in ridding itself of. Got 7 days of pills, then will just wait and see if it happens again.

In the afternoon I had a sneaky snack of boiled soya beans with a little salt (think edamame without the cases). They were yummy but I probably cooked a little too much as I didn't end up having dinner until gone 8pm (which for me is late). I never made it out on that run as the weather was pap! It would be dry for a little while then absolutely crash down with rain. I can handle consistent light rain, but heavy downpours aren't really my idea of a fun run.

Whilst I was working at home I caught Dolly doing some head weights with my leg weights. She had undone the velcro and carried this all the way from the other side of the living room to her bed. My pugs are a bit like magpies, when we wash their bed we find all sorts in it. They'd had their bi-weekly clear out earlier this week and we found a pen, a lottery ticket, a deflated balloon and a handful of hazelnuts from the tree outside. It's really cute that they find things and take them to their little place to investigate and I presume subsequently get bored and leave them there. Alas we'd not won any money on the lottery ticket, but it was nice of the pugs to save it for us anyway.

As I'm sure you'll know, I had a bit of an outburst last night. Today I'm still really angry and upset. Some of you may know that there was a time when I was vegetarian, so whilst I do now eat meat, we tend to buy 'ethical' meat which for ages I've been fine with. However, yesterday has made me take a step back from this and subsequently I couldn't stomach my lunch. I tried, I really tried, but I just couldn't eat it (it was a prawn salad incase you were wondering). I ended up with a cheese & pickle sandwich and a bag of crisps from the work canteen.

Back tracking a little, breakfast this morning was amazing. It was my half honeydew melon from yesterday filled with blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. No jokes it took me about 3 hours to eat! Of course I was getting on with other things, but thats still some feat.

Tonight we're off to the cinema with my Mum. We're taking her to see the new Twilight film. It was supposed to be a girlie trip, but Mr H wanted to come along too, so I let him :)

Not sure what the weekend holds yet, will wait and see how I feel when I get up tomorrow and decide then. At least the weather looks like it should pick up!

Hope you all have a good weekend whatever your planning to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment