Thursday 8 July 2010

Littleton 10k

I didn't run the Beale Park 10k last night, it just seemed like too much hassle. On reflection I'd have spent the whole evening either running or sitting in a car so I'm sure I made the right choice. We got home from work around 6.30pm and we headed out around 6.50pm.

I picked a route we had run before, that was a perfect 10k. Its all on road, up and down some nice steeps hills and through some fabulous surroundings.
We ran the whole way round. Well I say we, Mr H stopped before we got home to 'walk it off' where as I sprinted all the way home. We made it round in 1 hour 11 minutes and 29 seconds. Considering I've not run this sort of distance since the end of May, I think thats pretty good going. I burnt off a respectable 935 calories according to my HR monitor and I felt fab when I got home.... well apart from my left hip feeling like it needed to be replaced! I think I might have my mojo back :)

I know I didn't run as fast as I could, Mr H and I held a coversation the whole way round which of course if we'd been running at full speed this would not have been possible. But for a nice way to somewhat ease ourselves back into our running regime this was nice. The highlight of the run had to be when we were running on the section of the map between 7-8. I heard a rustling on the side of the road and all of a sudden a bunny leapt out and dashed across in front of me, I think this is where I messed up my pace and hurt my hip. I'd not seen a bunny fly before, but no jokes it dashed to the middle of the road then took a leap of faith across the other half onto the bank and straight into a hole! The roads round here are much narrower than regular roads, but it still seemed like quite a big distance for a little bun to jump. Of course being the overdramatic girl I am I squealed with fear as this tiny bunny leapt in front of me and then struggled to stop laughing as we continued up the hill.

We got home and took the dogs straight out for a brief evening walk so we could cool down and drink our Protein Shakes. Mr H cooked the dinner and we ended up with turkey steaks, a small amount of wholemeal pasta with Fiery Chilli Pesto and a side salad of rocket and spinach. All washed down with a glass of diet lemonade & sugar free squash packed with ice. Was totally lush.

Yesterday was much cooler than it has been recently, so after I'd had a shower and got into my pjs I chilled on the sofa with my pugs and they got really snuggly. I totally miss pug snuggles in the summer because they overheat quite quickly with all that fur. But last night Edie had snuggled up with my legs, resting her chin on my feet and Dolly was curled up in front of me watching the TV. Sooooooooo cute! Whilst I am enjoying the summer, I would love some of those cosy autumn/winter nights.

Today I've got food and exercise under control.

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 2 tsp Sweetener, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp Flax, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning: Banana, Homemade Banana & Chocolate muffin (I have a late gym session with the gym instructor, so need to eat a bit more than usual!)

Lunch: Rocket, Peas, Cucumber, Tomato, Grapes, Houmous, Small Wholemeal Pitta, slice of Gouda, 2 slices Ham (basically a build your own pitta as I couldn't figure out how to cut my pitta open this morning without it all completely falling apart).

Mid Afternoon: 2 plums

Dinner: Turkey Stir Fry

At the gym today I'm hoping to get a new weights routine that I can focus on whilst I'm completing my physio. Looking forward to getting my teeth into something new that I can blitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment