Thursday 22 July 2010

The Curious Case of the Swollen Face

Not sure if I've blogged about this before, but I have this weird recurring face swelling thing. I first noticed it back in December the day we flew out to Chicago. I assumed I'd had some sort of allergic reaction to my Mum's pillows or something, it had only just gone down by the time we got back from holiday nearly a week later.

Since then, it's happened pretty regularly. I should really be making a note of when it happens to try and figure out if there is anything I'm doing that is causing it. However, I'm pretty sure its not an allergic reaction just because antihistamines do nothing to help it. I'm actually stumped as to what it could be. I lose all definition in the left side of my face. In my head, its a bit like Violet Beauregarde from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.

Today it's happened again, I knew it was going to from about 8pm yesterday when my face started to feel uncomfortable. I've somehow managed to get a doctors appointment for 10.40 this morning (I've tried many times in the past 6 months!!), so hopefully I'll be on my way to getting some answers.

Once again last night we didn't eat what I expected to, I don't think I've eaten one planned dinner yet this week! We ended up with Thai Green Curry (like we had the other night with Philly instead of Coconut Milk) and some Brown Basmalti Rice with Yellow Lentils and Oats. Delish!

I didn't complete my list of things to do last night, but I wasn't far off. I managed my thankyou leters & the Tesco shop. By the time I got home and made dinner it was too late to do my photobook! My plans for the weekend away have been scuppered by a mysterious girl named Lizzie. No idea who she is, but she's already planned stuff for my friend to do. So I'm officially free this weekend!

The food shop I did last night came to £79.92. I got a shit load of food. When I go shopping alone I seem to get so much more for our money than if I go with Mr H. I guess he's perhaps more of an impulsive shopper, whereas I go for the things we need. I got a few new things for us to try:

* Yellow Watermelon
* Carton of Coconut Milk (as in a dairy replacement rather than actual coconut milk)
* Red Jalepenos
* Basmalti Rice with added Lentils & Oats

Other than the rice that we already tried (which has been given the thumbs up), I'm looking forward to trying the rest.

Food for today...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, half a honeydew melon filled with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries (I'll pick on this for most of the morning probably)

Lunch: Mackerel Salad (Rocket, Spinach, Cucumber, Tomato) & L/F Salad Cream

Mid Afternoon: Banana

Dinner: Ham, Mushroom, Spinach Omelette topped with Gouda.

Exercise wise, Mr H has forbidden me from doing our 10k route tonight as he's not expecting to be home until gone midnight, so if I get run down and knocked off the road no one will know for quite some time. So if the weather is ok I'll just do the 4 mile route which is 99% on pavement in well lit, well populated areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment