Wednesday 28 April 2010

2 Weeks until Dubai!

Lets start with some good news - yesterdays run burnt off 5 calories short of the chocolate bar I consumed for lunch yesterday. I did a session of free weights/squats etc when I got home so I'm sure that will have covered the rest. Its a shame that 525 calories didn't go towards anything else, but at least its made things seem not quite so bad. I did a 4 miler after work, running a circuit twice. I was pleased because I only stopped twice early on because of the rush hour traffic, the rest of the time I just kept on going :)

I can't believe this time in 2 weeks time I'll be on my way to sunny Dubai! :D

We're off shopping at the weekend and the things I still need to buy are..
* Sandals
* A few tops with capped sleeves - I don't do seperates, I totally live in dresses or at a push skirts and vest tops, but I don't really own any 'pretty tops'. 90% of the tops I own are band t-shirts! This will be hard.
* Sun Cream
* A bikini I've had my eyes on in M&S
* A good book
* New beach bag maybe.
* Anything else that takes my fancy :D

Reviewing yesterday's goals:
1. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day. check
2. Exercise at least 5 times. check - 2/5 completed
3. Run at least 15 miles. pending - 4 miles completed
4. Continue with the extra exercises outlined last week. check
5. Try to eat at least 1/2 of every meal (excluding breakfast) salad/fruit/veggies. check
6. Prepare my work lunches the night before. check
7. Dust off my bike and go out for a ride. pending
8. Hold my abs in a bit more in day to day life! check - this was really tough yesterday as I was wearing a waist cinching belt that is already a bit big, when I held in my abs the belt fell down!

And food for today...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder (yay!), 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk.

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: Slow Cooked Ham with Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber & Grapes & a boiled egg.

Mid Afternoon: Strawberries & Melon

Dinner: Tuna Steak & Stir Fried Veggies (I will have this tonight as we're leaving work early!)

Exercise wise will either be another run & free weights or a bike ride + weights.

1 comment:

  1. Nic, I'm stealing your shopping list. I need all those things, plus a big floppy beach hat and all the bite creams, anti-bac hand stuff, re-hydration salts! The list is neverending!

    ReplyDelete