Wednesday 21 April 2010

3 Weeks until Dubai!

Seriously, where did last week go?! I'm sure I say this each Wednesday when another week has passed and I'm even closer to my holiday. Good news is that I *think* I'm looking a bit better for all the exercise I've been doing lately. Might bring my monthly weigh in/measurement check forward a week to see if I've made any actual progress or if its all in my head!

1. Drink 2 litres of Water a Day check
2. Eat 5 Fruit/Veg a day check - Semi-check - Banana, Baby Spinach, Tomato, Red Onion, Avocado & Black Beans in the brownie (I'm sure the last two don't count!!)
3. Do Jane Fonda Abs workout every day FAIL - will make up for this today!
4. Do Squats, Ballet Squats, Single Leg Lunges, Butt Raises, Thigh Master (!), Calf Raises, Push Ups every day (at least 20 of each) check - same set up as before
5. Run 2 Evenings in the Week. pending
6. Exercise at least 5 times. check - 1/5 completed with a gym session earning me 346 calories
7. Plan Food for the day. check - but the homemade altered recipe vegan brownie I had for pud was unplanned, but at least it was nutritionally sound.

All in all not to bad, the brownies at the end of the day was a result of speaking to an idiot on the phone. I was trying to help them, but they kept talking over me and raising their voice. As I don't really do 'lovey lovey' customer relations I raised my voice further and put them back in their place, made them feel really small and finally got them to listen (oh the cut-throat world I work in). I was talking to the 'President' of a company, but that matters not. Doesn't matter who you are, if I'm trying to help you and your not listening to me, you'll see a side of me that is rarely witnessed! At 4.45pm it was really the last thing I wanted to be dealing with and as a result I left work late and in a bad mood. So I needed cake!

Today hasn't started that well either, clearing up the mess from my phonecall yesterday resulted in me spending 3 hours (yes 3 hours!) drafting a follow up email to my call to clarify everything I've said. As a result of that, I just suddenly realised that it was 11.30am, I've not had my pre-gym snack and its nearly gym time. So I've pushed the gym back an hour and will go about 12.30pm. Things can only get better eh?

Food for today:

Breakfast: 200ml Semi-Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning Snack (well more like 11.30am!): Slice of homemade Brownie ~ 100 calories

Lunch: Quorn Curry Wrap (2 quorn fillets with leftover curry sauce from last night all contained in a wrap & 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon Snack: Grapes & Fudge Baby (Thanks to Kat for the suggestion to make them!)

Dinner: Homemade Chilli Burgers topped with cheese and jalepenos, wrapped in lettuce leaves with Red Onion/Mushroom/Tomato/Cucumber.

Pud: Another homemade Brownie and Banana.

4 comments:

  1. Mr President sounds like a right tosser!I'm sure the gym will take a good battering today as a result.

    It's amazing how little food we eat when we're too busy to notice isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you share the recipe for your quorn curry? and sloppy joes please please?? :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, the Gym did take a battering, burnt a respectable 404 calories in 50 minutes.

    Recipes have been posted too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd need cake after that as well. And i agree, tosser is the appropriate word in cases like this!

    ReplyDelete