Wednesday 14 April 2010

Happiness is....

A Pink Heart Shaped Le Creuset Bowl full of Melon :) This was my attempt at being good yesterday when it came to wanting something sweet after dinner. Unfortunately, by 9pm I'd been out to the shops to fetch Mr H some cold supplies and I'd bought home a Galaxy Chocolate Mousse. FAIL!

Anyhoo, before I start on explaining myself I'll review yesterday...

1. Drink 2 litres of Water a day. FAIL - only managed about 1.5 litres
2. Exercise at least 5 times. Still have 5 days left of the week to do 4 sessions
3. Only eat the food I bring into to work with me - no extras. FAIL - didn't eat the food I took and bought extras and at home I had a dessert that I really didn't need.. well I did, but I'll explain that in a bit.
4. Book a Doctors appointment to get an inhaler. check, 8.30am Saturday!
5. Run at least one evening during the week. Still pending
6. Have 5 fruit/veg a day. check - Banana, Apple, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Courgette, Mushrooms, Red Onion, Red Pepper, Melon.

Yesterday went wrong on so many levels. I think I could confidently say that yesterday I would consider my actions those of someone who was sabotaging my efforts. The Hazelnut Hot Chocolate for Breakfast, the sandwich + crisps for lunch, the extra serving of dinner, the Galaxy chocolate mousse - all things that I would consider 'bad'. Whilst on the grand scheme of things that are bad, its certainly not horrendous but it is enough to make me take stock of the causes.

Really I think it went downhill from the second I'd just shoved on a hoodie to wear in the morning, it was proper cold and the thought of the 10 minute walk without something to warm my hands got the better of me and I ended up with a hot chocolate. I guess I can reward myself slightly by ordering Skimmed Milk, Sugar Free Syrup & no Whipped Cream though.

When I got to work I didn't need my pre-packed porridge oats. This in turn I think left to me feeling quite peckish around lunchtime, at 11.50am it felt like my stomach was trying to digest itself. Due to time constraints I couldn't get to Borough Market where there is a great choice of fresh healthy foods (and also bad naughty foods) so I ended up at the canteen in work. Even though its had a makeover (and does look really swish now) the cooking facilities are still limited so its really a sandwich or some dodgy looking hot meal. To be honest, a sandwich and a packet of crisps is again hardly the end of the world, but when combined with my 2 final 'out of character' choices it all adds up.

I left work around 4.30pm and arrived at Waterloo 11 minutes later for the 17:05 home. In the crowds standing below the departure boards I spied a familar face - a lady I used to see at my Slimming World group. We had a really brief catch up, she no longer goes to group anymore but she looked fab so she clearly has things under control! I felt some sort of acheivement in knowing that although its been nearly 8 months since I last went to group I have managed to control my own weight without the help and support of a weekly group (though I'm sure some of you reading know where I get my support from ;)).

I walked through my front door at around 6.15pm and set to making dinner. Mr H arrived home shortly afterwards and we sat down to eat. After finishing my first bowl, I had another scoop. Then I had a bowl of melon. Then about 20 minutes later I had the remainder of what was in the pan - I was unstoppable. Later that evening Mr H was feeling a bit crappy because of the cold he got from me, so I went to Sainsbury to stock up on some supplies for him. He wanted something sweet so I picked up some kids sweets and 2 Galaxy Chocolate Mousses (I also picked up a cute pair of green canvas pumps and a polka dot bikini!). When I got home I had a Chocolate Mousse. I had previously tried to kill the sweet craving by having melon, but here I was about 1.5 hours later still craving chocolate. So I fed my body what it wanted. Of course, eating chocolate at 9pm meant that by 10.30pm when we went to bed I was still quite wired. Cue Mr H snoring and I had a pretty crap nights sleep.

This is my line....
--------------------------------------------------------
this is me stepping over it and moving on.

Today I'm confident that everything will work out better. I didn't like seeing how red my goals for the week were yesterday and I'd like to see more green on that when I review things tomorrow morning.

Food for the day...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning Snack: 9 Bar (277 calories)

Lunch: Ham Salad (Spinach, Rocket, Cucumber, Tomato, Grapes)

Mid Afternoon Snack: Babybel Light

Dinner: Ham & Jalepeno Pizza Wrap with Salad & Sweet Chilli Baked Beans w/ Banana to finish :)

I'm hitting the gym at lunchtime, did have an abs class planned but I think I'll acheive more with a general gym session - especially as its my last day I can access the gym this week.

2 comments:

  1. What was for dinner last night? Sounds nice for 2 helpings?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had what I like to call an 'a la Mummy' whilst I'm not a mother, its what my Mum used to call crazy ad hoc dinners and it just stuck!

    I cooked 100g Quinoa in one pan and in another half a courgette, half a red pepper, 1 red onion, 1 tomato, 4-5 mushrooms, tin of chopped tomatoes and tbsp sacla fiery chilli pesto. Once the veggies had cooked and the quinoa was cooked I mixed it all together and stuck some grated cheese on top. The second helping I had didn't have cheese and was equally as nice!

    I don't think the fiery chilli pesto is suitable for veggies, but any pesto would work and if you wanted heat you could always add a chopped chilli. I think the veggie pesto's from Sacla are Chargrilled Aubergine, Organic Basil and Organic Tomato.

    ReplyDelete