Wednesday 21 April 2010

Quorn Curry

Ingredients
Quorn Fillets/Pieces or Meat of Choice
1 Onion
Spices (I use Tikka Powder, Medium Curry Powder, Tumeric, Garam Masala, Cayenne, Black Pepper)
Stock Cube
1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
Fresh tomato sliced into 8
L/F Fromage Frais or Yoghurt (I personally prefer Fromage Frais, but I've used both)
Sliced Red Chilli (If you love the spice)
Sliced Fresh Ginger if you have some, if not powdered will do
Spinach
If your feeling adventurous Raisins/Apricots & Mango Chutney

Method
Cut up the onion and Quorn and place in a pan with Fry Light or Spray Oil. Whilst its browning, add the Red Chilli, then add the spices & ginger. I don't really have an exact science to curry making, which makes each one individual. What I can tell you though is that I use at least two different types of pre-mixed curry powder, extra tumeric, extra garam masala, cayenne and black pepper. Sometimes I'll add Ginger powder if I don't have fresh, and if I'm feeling ill I tend to add a fresh clove of garlic too (as I'm sure Garlic is supposed to be good for colds?!).

After you've mixed in the spices and everything is softened/browned at the edges, add the tin of tomatoes, a stock cube and half a tin full of water (use the chopped tomato tin).

Simmer for about 15 minutes and add your extras like raisins/fresh tomato at this point and I personally think a tbsp of mango chutney makes it just perfect. Cook a little while longer until the liquid reduces and finally add the spinach. Once that has wilted, remove from the heat and add the Fromage Frais.

I usually serve with Wholemeal Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment