Friday 9 April 2010

Looks a bit like South America


This is my dinner from last night - it was lush. Don't you think it looks a bit like South America?

I bought a Spicy Stir Fry kit from Tesco that had things like Butternut Squash, Pak Choi, Sweetcorn, Onion, Mangetout, Chillis in, and then I added a seperate pack of Baby Sweetcorn and Asparagus. I cooked the veggies in a little Sesame Oil, Balsamic Vinegar and Soy Sauce. The Tuna was just cooked with a little lemon juice and black pepper. Divine.

It got thumbs up from Mr H as well... even though he did pick out all the Asparagus, some Brocolli and one piece of Pak Choi.

Around 9pm I was still a little peckish and was craving something sweet, so I had an Apple sprinkled with some cinnamon. Yummers.

I'm feeling a bit better today, still decided to work from home because theres nothing cool about sneezing all over my colleagues or trying to clear my throat in a ladylike fashion. I'll go back in on Monday when I'm fighting fit and won't make everyones lives miserable by feeling sorry for myself all day :)

I'm still feeling quite smug about my food shop yesterday, I can't wait to cook lots of exciting things over the weekend. So much so that I've actually made plans around my meals being at home so I can do just that! Why waste a Saturday lunch in a crappy restaurant when I can make myself something lush at home (and for half the cost).

Food for today...

Breakfast: Protein Porridge Pancakes (40g Jumbo & Regular Porridge Oats, 1 Large Egg White, 100ml Water, Heaped tsp of G&B Hazelnut Spread

Mid Morning Snack: Berry Cheeky Nakd Bar

Lunch: Ham Salad with 1 light Babybel & 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Dinner: Turkey Escalopes with Salad

Will once again do some exercise, nothing too over the top. Hope to be back on form by Sunday for a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment