Friday 16 April 2010

Looks like the bottom of a Parrots Cage

Happy Friday!

Today is Dolly's operation, so poor love wasn't allowed breakfast this morning. I think her heart broke just a little bit when no bowls of food went down. By the time we reached the vets it was clear she knew something was going on. When she got up on the vet table she was trying to climb into my arms :( I always get so worried when she has to have something major done, but fingers crossed we'll get our phonecall in the next few hours to inform us when we can go and pick her up.

Onto yesterdays review:

1. Drink 2 litres of Water a day. check
2. Exercise at least 5 times. check - 3/5 completed with a 2 mile run
3. Only eat the food I bring into to work with me - FAIL, I ate half a chocolate muffin
4. Book a Doctors appointment to get an inhaler. check, 8.30am Saturday!
5. Run at least one evening during the week. check!
6. Have 5 fruit/veg a day. check - Banana, Avocado, Tomato, Cucumber, Mixed Leaves/Lettuce, Red Onion, Peppers.

I nearly had a perfect day :) To be honest, I'm not to unhappy with the half chocolate muffin I ate, my lunch and dinner were pretty much as healthy as possible so a bit of a splurge on half a muffin wasn't too bad. The fact that I even managed to resist the other half is groundbreaking - I hardly ever leave cake!

This morning after taking Dolly into the Vets, we nipped into town to hit the fruit/veg stall. We spent £15 and got soooooo much.
* 1 Honeydew Melon
* 3 Punnets of Strawberries
* Massive bag of Purple Sprouting Brocolli
* 2 enormous Oranges
* 5 on the Vine Tomatoes
* 2 Avocados
* 6 Bananas
* Bunch of Asparagus
* Bag of Grapes
* Giant Cucumber
I also tried to get some more protein powder as I'm running low and they were out of stock, so got some Oatly cream and two jars of nut butter (almond & hazelnut) because everyone keeps talking about it and it sounds sooooo good!

Today plan for food is as follows:

Breakfast: 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning Snack: One tiny slice fresh white bread (just out of the oven *drools*) with hazelnut/almond butter and a bowl of Strawberries with 1 tsp sugar.

Lunch: Ham and Chilli Pesto Pizza Wrap & Salad (Lettuce, Red Onion, Tomato, Cucumber) & Banana

Dinner: Homemade beef burgers with Baked Sweet Potato, Purple Sprouting Brocolli, Mushrooms, Red Onion.
Pud: More Strawberries, this time with a tbsp Oatly Cream and a squirt of Agave Nectar - delicious!

Exercise wise, I did an exercise video at lunch earning me about 160 calories, not great but better than nothing!
Oh and before I forget, the reference to the parrots cage - Mr H's view of the 9Bars I bought! :D

2 comments:

  1. lol. Nice comment Mr H. eugh.

    Your food shop looks delicious. I love market shopping. Good luck to little dolly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, bless Dolly. I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine and over the moon to see you later :)

    Thats a really good haul for 15 quid, I think we're off to the market tomorrow ourselves...

    Thankyou to MrH for (nearly) putting me off 9bars!

    ReplyDelete