Tuesday 6 April 2010

Happy Birthday Dolly and Edie!

It's Dolly and Edie's birthday today, I can't believe they are 4 - where on earth have the last 4 years gone.

Here's a pic of them celebrating on a walk in the park (Edie on the left, Dolly on the right)


We had some bad news today about a lump we found on Dolly's shoulder, it contains Mast Cells and needs to be removed for further analysis. I'm going to try and keep upbeat (especially as Mr H is wrecked over this), but I am worried. I just hope that she has age and health on her side and two human parents who would do anything to make sure she gets better. I plan to speak to the insurers tomorrow to find out what we need to do and then get her book into the vets as soon as I can for the op.

Today was also the first day back into work after the long weekend, I had a meeting in London so was straight up there from home. The Circle line was suspended so I ended up doing most of my travelling on foot - which wasn't necessarily a bad thing as the weather was glorious. However carrying my laptop and a big winter coat around wasn't so glorious. Still, I guess it added weight to my 3.5 mile walk!

Food today consists of:

Breakfast: 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning Meeting Snack: Double Twix & a Diet Coke.

Lunch: 6" Meatball Marinara from Subway (as unfortunately half term + 2pm + Borough Market don't really make for many options, the two nice deli's I tried had next to nothing left!) and Banana.

Dinner: Same as last night, except Chicken instead of Turkey.

Pudding: Homemade Chocolate Roulade

3 comments:

  1. Arh :-( Good luck to Dolly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, she's booked in for the surgery on Friday 16th, poor little fluff bag.

    ReplyDelete