Thursday 29 April 2010

Well done Mr H.

Yesterday was a good day, I ate well, I exercised and I slept well :)

Last nights stir fry was a success, I fried the veggies in a little sesame oil, then made a sauce out of soy, stock cube, 5 spice, cumin, mustard powder, chilli pesto, ginger, almond butter & a splash of water. Worked really well with the tuna steak I cooked on the foreman grill. Mr H ate it all as well which is always a good sign.

Actually, whilst Mr H is on my mind I thought I'd mention what he's been up to lately. He's also been in 'get ready for Dubai' mode and has upped his gym usage from nothing to about 4 times a week and coming for Sunday Run Day with me. Also after much nagging from me, he agreed to give up the fully loaded pepsi, sweets and general other crap for a while to see if it made a difference. I'm pleased to report that he's lost about half a stone and his IBS has stopped! I hate to say 'I told you so' but it totally needs to be said :) I'm really pleased for him, he keeps complaining at the moment that his suit trousers are too big and that his t shirts look baggy. Think we'll get him some new bits and pieces in town at the weekend.

Reviewing yesterday's goals:
1. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day. check
2. Exercise at least 5 times. check - 3/5 completed
3. Run at least 15 miles. pending - 5.5 miles completed
4. Continue with the extra exercises outlined last week. check
5. Try to eat at least 1/2 of every meal (excluding breakfast) salad/fruit/veggies. check
6. Prepare my work lunches the night before. check - Mr H did it last night though :)
7. Dust off my bike and go out for a ride. pending
8. Hold my abs in a bit more in day to day life! check

Plan for food today is as follows:

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder (yay!), 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk.

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: Slow Cooked Ham with Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber & Peppers. (last of my slow cooked ham - boo!) & 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake

Mid Afternoon: Strawberries & Grapes

Dinner: Homemade Burgers in Lettuce leaf 'buns' loaded with cheddar cheese, jalepenos, tomatoes, onions and cucumber

Exercise will be in the gym.

3 comments:

  1. oh are you meant to hold your abs in, in day to day life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I figure my belly hanging out isn't a good look and I should be making more of a conscious effort to hold it in. Specially now that I've got muscles there to be able to do it. I need to stop being such a slacker when it comes to good posture.

    ReplyDelete