Thursday 8 April 2010

Shopping Trips

Does anyone else wander around the supermarket looking at things, picking things up, having mini arguements with yourself and end up putting things back?

That's what my trip to Tesco was like, a constant battle between good and evil and I'm pleased to report that nothing particularly evil made it into my trolley.

Comparing my list from earlier to what I actually bought:

Bananas check
Apples check
Strawberries check
Melon (Honeydew and Cantaloupe) check
Grapes

Brocolli check
Onions (Red) check
Sweet Potato check
Spinach check
Round Lettuce check
Peppers (3 pack and 2 sweet red peppers) check
Cucumber check
Tomatoes check
Courgette check
Mushrooms check
Carrots check
Stir Fry Veg Pack check
Avocado check
Baby Sweetcorn and Asparagus

Chicken fail
Beef Steak check
Mince check
Tuna Steak check
Salmon check
Turkey Steaks
Wafer Thin Ham

Chopped Tomatoes check
Fiery Chilli Pesto check
Wholemeal Rice (Basmalti) check
Stock check
Baked Beans
Branston Pickle
Pickled Jalepenos
Agave Nectar
Wholemeal Mini Pittas
Wholemeal Wraps

Skimmed Milk check
L/F Fromage Frais (actually got yoghurt) check
Babybel check

The thing that I struggled with most today was in the chiller section, just after picking up milk I spied a twin pack of Rolo Desserts. I picked them up, savoured the moment just thinking about them, and put them back. I'll take that as a NSV :)

4 comments:

  1. You should come shopping with us. It takes HOURS. One cheese-avoiding veggie + one diabetic = serious label reading, arguing, and coin-flipping to see who wins (I'll let you decide who is good and who is evil!)
    Looks like a very successful trip though, well played. I should post my shopping from last night, you can play 'guess who' with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I might make a list and do a before and after comparison. Interesting to see the cost increase too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the few extra bits that I didn't bother mentioning - Chewing Gum, Shampoo, Fabric Conditioner, Cling Film, Baking Paper, Cotton Buds, Diet Pepsi and Food bags my bill came to £83.55. Most expensive food item was Rump Steak at £5.72, cheapest was Carrots at 58p!

    Offers worth noting...
    2 for £3 on Grapes/Strawberries
    2 for £3 on Melons
    BOGOF on Babybel 6 packs

    All available at your local Tesco :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats it, I'm so posting my shopping later...

    ReplyDelete