Thursday 22 April 2010

I {heart} Porridge Skin

You heard it hear first, I actually love that solid top you get on the top of porridge. I deliberately leave my porridge a few minutes before consuming it to allow the top to form. The stuff underneath almost even seems disappointing after cutting through that thick top layer.. om-nom-nom.

First off, a review of yesterday...
1. Drink 2 litres of Water a Day check
2. Eat 5 Fruit/Veg a day check - Tomatoes, Red Onion, Cucumber, Lettuce, Banana, Grapes, Jalepenos, Mushrooms
3. Do Jane Fonda Abs workout every day check
4. Do Squats, Ballet Squats, Single Leg Lunges, Butt Raises, Thigh Master (!), Calf Raises, Push Ups every day (at least 20 of each) check - same set up as before
5. Run 2 Evenings in the Week. pending
6. Exercise at least 5 times. check - 2/5 completed with a gym session earning me 404 calories
7. Plan Food for the day. check
8. Run up every flight of stairs I come across. check

I think I did pretty well yesterday, sure I ate two brownies - but the bonus of eating two yesterday was that I sent Mr H into work with the remaining 7 today! I've got 3 potentially bad days lined up, so I really need to keep my eyes on the prize if I want good results. My problem days & associated action plans are as follows:

Friday: Working in London. Now working in London whilst a challenge food wise isn't so much of a problem - its the fact that the weather is fine and I'm in the centre of a million pubs all calling me to have a cold beer or two... or three... or more after work without the whole 'I'll be hungover for work the next day'. So to combat the food/beer, I will take my lunch to work with me and I will not tell any of my friends that I am in London on a Friday, therefore no one will invite me out.

Saturday: Helping a friend move house and associated takeaway afterwards. To combat this, I've already decided to drive so I won't be tempted to join in the wine in the evening. I figure so long as I chose sensibly at whatever takeaway, the effort of moving should hopefully be enough to have earnt me that meal. I'll also take a packed lunch and some healthy snacks so I don't have to fuel myself on biscuits and sugary tea (which was what I ate last time I helped her move!). Also, because we are missing our Sunday run, we're going to try and get out in the morning before I head off. Hopefully an ultra fat burning day will be had!

Sunday: We have to miss Sunday Run-day as we're off to Thorpe Park with my Brother and his Wife. We will be up early to get there. Plan is to have porridge for breakfast, take a picnic full of lovely fresh healthy foods and not be tempted to snack on Theme Park crap. I will probably take a piece of PBGB to keep me away from the ice creams. Again, hoping that being on my feet all day will contribute to some good results!

Onto todays battle plan...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca

Mid Morning Snack: Banana

Lunch: Baby Spinach, Rocket, Tomato & Cucumber Salad with Ham, 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon Snack: Orange and Apple Fruit Salad.

Dinner: Sloppy Joes and Salad.

Exercise for today will be another session in the gym probably 20 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weights and its highly likely that I will attempt to complete my first evening run this evening.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! i roll out of bed go straight to the kitchen and make my podge, dish it up then leave it while i go and brush my teeth, sort my hair etc, then i come back and eat my podge before finishing getting ready. hmmmm i love the stuff on top that forms by leaving it, its worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete