Wednesday 14 April 2010

The Importance of a Good Soundtrack

Not long ago I got back to my desk following an AWESOME gym session. I felt really energised (thanks 9 Bar) and had stacks of enthusiasm to keep going through the whole 67 minutes - probably due to having my ipod with me for the first time in months.

Work recently cancelled our Sky subscription and Freeview is quite limited for music, so at the gym there has been some real drivel on the box as of late and I think its been bringing me down.

Today I stuck on a bit of Ska Punk courtesy of The Planet Smashers (and their album Mighty) and I totally blitzed my session. I did about 23 minutes Cardio (had to get to the end of a song!) and the rest was weights/abs.

Stats from my HR monitor:

Max HR: 180
Avg HR: 140 (a little lower than I like but probably down to the split between cardio/weights)
Cals: 478
60 minutes of my session was spent in Sport Zone 2-4 (around 18-20 minutes in each oddly!)

3 comments:

  1. Well done Nic. I think my rubbish running is down to not owning an ipod / other form of mp3 type thing. I need to invest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 running with my ipod (well when I'm not on lonely country roads where I might not be able to see cars). Because we live in the arse end of nowhere I can often be found running and singing at the same time... well trying to sing through the breathing!

    You should ask for one for your birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a good idea. Mr E has been talking about getting one, so I think i'll let him buy me one, and then i'll lend it to him ;)

    ReplyDelete