Tuesday 13 April 2010

London bound

At 6.48am this morning, I boarded the train to Waterloo. How crazy early?! At least the sun is shining and there is something a little bit magical about walking through the City before things start getting crazy.

Food wise today will be a little difficult, because I was up so early I haven't prepared lunch so will edit this post as the day goes on as to what I end up having!

Firstly, a review of yesterdays targets:

1. Drink 2 litres of Water a day. check
2. Exercise at least 5 times. 1/5 check
3. Only eat the food I bring into to work with me - no extras. FAIL not badly though, I had 1 chocolate covered almond, yes just one!
4. Book a Doctors appointment to get an inhaler. check, 8.30am Saturday!
5. Run at least one evening during the week. Pending, may well be tonight!
6. Have 5 fruit/veg a day. check - Banana, Apple, Lettuce, Spinach, Rocket, Tomato, Cucumber, Pepper, Grapes

As I mentioned, today I am in London. London is a bit of a sore point food wise for me. Its one of the reasons I piled on alot of weight in a short amount of time. Being based within a 10 minute (was previously 5 minutes) of Borough Market means that I have a stack of amaaaaaazing food on my doorstep. Back in 2008 I was working in London 4 days a week with the hour commute either side of the day. On an average day my food would consist of:

Breakfast: Starbucks Hazelnut Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream and a packet of Gingernuts

Lunch: Sundried Tomato and Parma Ham with Rocket on a Salted Focaccia Bread with a Chocolate Brownie (Boston, Pecan or Regular). Or if I was working at the Regulator all day, I'd get a buffet lunch where I wouldn't hold back on the white bread sandwiches, crisps and fruit.

Mid Afternoon Snack: Packet of crisps or a packet of EAT fudge.

Train Snack: Crisps/Chocolate/Burger King

Dinner: Same sort of thing that I eat now.

That clearly was not a sensible way to be eating, and I'm glad that I no longer work in London so much!

Today is looking a little different, however I did succumb to a Starbucks this morning as I didn't bring a coat with me!

Breakfast: Starbucks Hazelnut Hot Chocolate with Skimmed Milk & Sugar Free Syrup (no whipped cream).

Mid Morning Snack: Banana

Lunch: I've got a meeting this afternoon, and we may be having a pre-meet lunch to discuss tactics! Edited to add: Wholemeal Ham/Cheese and Salad Bloomer (I left the crusts) with a bag of Ready Salted Crisps (Walkers - 183 calories)

Dinner: 2x Turkey Steak, 100g Quinoa, half a courgette, 5 big mushrooms, 1 Red Onion, half a Red Pepper, 1 tin Chopped tomatoes and a tbsp of Fiery Chilli Pesto, topped with grated cheese shared between me & Mr H. Second helpings and all.

Pud: Bowl of Melon & Galaxy Chocolate Mousse (200 calories)

3 comments:

  1. A meeting to discuss tactics! Nic, what do you do? I'm so intrigued, the city, tactics, commutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yes sounds very sex and the city! I know what you mean about London - seems food is on every corner. Well done you for avoiding temptation recently. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I wish my job was glamorous! Tactics really just consists of discussing a strategy to keep one of our customers in their place (they are trying to do my job for me and unfortunately their interference is doing more harm than good!)

    ReplyDelete